Saturday 4 & Sunday 5 November 2017
Sandringham Farm – Stellenbosch, Western Cape
About the festival:
Throughout the Bible, it is clear that festivals and celebrations are close to God’s heart. The Gathering is built on four pillars seen in these biblical festivals; unity, family, music and feasting. This annual festival invites you, your family and thousands of people from all over the world, to worship and celebrate the goodness of God, in the heart of the Winelands; Stellenbosch.
It is an opportunity to express the church’s unity in a lively and diverse manner. Whatever your age, denomination or musical taste, we want you to join us. The festival will be a big carnival with fun activities for young and old; the ideal place to create brand new family memories. Music is the heart of the Gathering. You can expect some of the most current Christian artists and worship leaders from South Africa and around the globe, gracing our two stages. Not only will your music tastes be satisfied but your tummy too.
The Gathering is all about gathering, being together, so let’s do that around food. You’ll be able to buy meals from some of the best and delicious food vendors the Western Cape has to offer. We will also have an exhibition tent of what’s happening in the Christian World. The Gathering will be an experience you and your family will want to experience every year.
What can be expected?
- 2 stages with International and local artists like Martin Smith, VaShawn Mitchell, Seth & Nirva, Heinz Winckler, Juanita du Plessis, Lloyd Cele, Loyiso Bala, Rebekka Malopa and many others. Check out the program here.
- Expo Centre with some of the most current Christian books, music and other merchandise.
- Craft Market
For Teenagers & Children:
- A play area with children ministries keeping them busy as well as free entry to all the rides at the Carnival.
- The Famous Brian Capper will do a stunt on his motorcycle.
For the whole family
- A variety of delicious food and drink stalls to cater to every possible taste.